Become a Challenge Leader
"A great leader doesn't set out to be a leader... they set out to make a difference."
Joining our Challenge Leader programme will give you an opportunity to clarify your purpose, build on your passion and put your leadership skills into practice as you volunteer overseas. It's the perfect opportunity to make a difference and be a part of the global movement to end inequality!
WHY SHOULD YOU SIGN UP?
- You'll gain essential and unique skills for future employment.
- You'll make a real difference to marginalised communities overseas.
- You'll join an inspiring and empowering community of Challenge Leaders.
- You'll create an amazing team and form lifelong friendships.
- You'll get a discount on the cost of your Challenge.
- You'll have the time of your life travelling and volunteering overseas!
WHAT BEING A LEADER INVOLVES:
- Choosing a volunteering Challenge that inspires you and recruiting a team of 10-20 people to travel with you.
- Attending our amazing leadership training weekends hosted by leadership professionals.
- Getting support and guidance from you own Challenges Abroad leadership mentor.
- Hosting meetings with your team leading up to travel.
- Supporting your team with their fundraising and ensuring the team are aware of targets.
- Organise social events for the team.
Read the full position description here.
CHALLENGE LEADER INCENTIVES:
Being a Challenge Leader means that you will have to dedicate time to the role as you recruit your team. We understand that this is time you could otherwise be fundraising which is why we offer a discount on your fundraising to make up for this.
HOW THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
Once you've had a look through our Challenges and chosen the ones that are the most inspiring to you, you're ready to apply! The application process is really simple and only involves a few steps:
- Fill out the online application. It'll only take a few minutes!
- Wait for one of our mentors to organise a phone interview with you.
- Register for your chosen challenge and get recruiting!