Job Role: Student Engagement Manager
Challenges Abroad offers a range of exciting student led challenge trips that provide our participants with the opportunity to see the world while making a difference to disadvantaged communities overseas. We select students to become Challenge Leaders, provide them with essential skills through a series of training and development sessions, empower them to build and lead a team of fellow students on an overseas challenge.
Our aim is to excel in creating innovative overseas programs that are mutually beneficial to both the community and our volunteers and to become known as the organisation of choice for responsible overseas volunteering. This role offers a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to develop personally and professionally, as well as amazing opportunities to travel overseas to see our programs first hand!
So what will you be doing?
You will be responsible for recruiting and mentoring Challenge Leaders while working with them to build their team. Providing Challenge Leaders support in recruiting and managing their team as well as ensuring all participants are being able to raise the money for the trip either personally or through group fundraising events.
You will be based in an area with a geographical focus of covering the universities around you. This role will require you to travel around the country, within a predefined geographical area, reaching out and setting up partnerships with universities for us to be able to market our programs. Other key responsibilities will include:
The role will be based across 4 sectors of the business and could involve the following:
1. Develop marketing plans to meet the set targets
2. Increase the brand presence using social media, posters, flyers etc.
3. Keep on top of developments in the industry
4. Provide input for new product developments for us to continue to grow as an organisation
You will be an outgoing individual, with a high degree of energy and enthusiasm that you are able to transmit to others and inspire them to volunteer overseas. We would expect you to have:
1. Previous experience of promoting products to students
2. Personal experience of travelling and volunteering overseas
3. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
4. The ability to create and deliver engaging presentations
5. Previous experience in designing marketing material and online promotions would be extremely desirable and useful in this role
We have locations across the UK, including South East England, The Midlands and Scotland. The position is open to individuals who have completed their undergraduate studies and are looking to gain additional hands-on experience in a strong leadership role.
We are offering a competitive remuneration package with a high incentive structure on delivery of business goals and targets. It is expected that a successful candidate will be able to earn an annual salary equivalent to £25,000 OTE. The role provides for an uncapped bonus potential so your earning will depend upon how successful you are at your job!