Job Role: International Internship
FutureSense Foundation Internship Programme
Challenges Abroad is part of the FutureSense Group, operating in the UK for over 6 years. We are searching for International Interns which will help to grow our charity and be based at one of our hubs around the world supporting volunteers from a wide range of different gap year and volunteer programmes.
The FutureSense Foundation is a charity registered in the UK (Charity No. 1132101) that supports sustainable development through the placement of volunteers and carefully targeted funding.
We partner and work alongside grassroots non-profit organisations worldwide with our charity work targeting three main areas; education, child welfare and livelihood support.
Through its collaboration with FutureSense volunteer programmes, the Foundation provides human resources in the form of career break and gap year volunteers. These volunteers work alongside our partner organisations in supporting marginalised individuals and communities by improving education, providing and creating sustainable and secure livelihoods through the transfer of vocational and entrepreneurial skills and promoting child welfare.
The foundation has recently substantially grown and to assist with this expansion we are looking for dynamic, young and talented interns to join our current overseas teams.. The right candidates will gain hands-on experience in the areas of education, livelihood, child welfare, research, volunteer management and international development with a potential for longer term employment in one of our overseas locations.
This fantastic and exciting internship opportunity will allow considerable responsibility, an amazing opportunity to travel to work with our projects and the chance to gain invaluable experience in the non-profit and NGO sector whilst also contributing and expanding our meaningful projects.
The international intern will work closely alongside our in-country teams to assist with volunteer management, establish new projects and expand existing projects, as well as providing regular reports to the UK Headquarters evaluating the impact of the work being carried out by the FutureSense Group in the respective country.
(The countries that the foundation requires assistance in to expand the local programmes are: Tanzania, Peru, Romania, India, Cambodia and Thailand)
Successful applicants will be committed to working abroad for at least 6 months, starting periodically. It is essential you are an outgoing individual who is prepared to work hard and thrive on the opportunity to help further grow our programmes. Excellent inter-personal skills are essential so that you can successfully communicate with people of a wide-range of ages and different nationalities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working with and supporting our current partner programmes
• Support in-country volunteers
• Collaborate with other interns based in different locations
• Work directly with the country director on day-to-day projects
• Promote the programmes to attract new volunteers using social media, blogs etc.
• Identify opportunities for growth and development of the programme
• Put in place and measure the impact of our programme with partners
• Regular reporting
• To have a good knowledge of the FutureSense Foundation and keep up-to-date with all new developments.
• Provide excellent and timely customer service to ensure a complete customer experience, for everyone!
• A graduate level degree or currently enrolled on a bachelor’s degree. – Essential
• Experience of International travel and volunteering. – Essential
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude. – Essential
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. – Essential
• Networking, influencing and negotiation skills – Essential
• Self-motivated and good time management – Essential
• Carry out responsibilities whilst being able to thrive both on own initiative and as part of a team. – Essential
• Understanding of the key issues in international development. – Essential
• Experience of working with people of different nationalities and cultures – Desirable
• Minimum 6 months commitment is required, longer placements may be possible